What type of personal information does the Company collect?
Where you choose to provide personal details to us, we may collect the following personal information from you:
* your full name;
* your contact number and e-mail address;
* the reason for your contact, which may be an enquiry, a purchase, a request or enquiry on behalf of someone else, a customer service need, providing a comment, a job application, or details in relation to a possible or existing order or service contract; employment and personal and educational details you choose to provide to use as part of any application for employment eg your employee ID, including national insurance number, other governmental identity number, and if needed, driver’s license number and/or passport number, your date of birth, place of birth, nationality (and where applicable dual or former nationality) and eligibility (including evidence) to work in the UK;
* financial account information, such as credit/debit card number and other payment information; and/or
* where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us.
How does the Company use information about you?
The Company may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Site or with our services. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
* to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
* to process and administer your job or similar application(s) (including placement or apprenticeship opportunities, as appropriate), your order(s) or purchase(s) of our products and/or services;
* to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
* to administer the Site;
* for internal record keeping;
* to contact you (directly, either by the Company or through a relevant partner or agent) by e-mail or phone for the above reasons;
* subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing that you have requested;
* where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale ;
* to perform any contract the Company has with you; and
* for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that the Company maintains will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases as set out in more detail below.
In most cases, the information the Company processes about you is required to deal with your request, purchase or registration, or required by law, or is necessary for the exercise of the Company’s legitimate business interests and needs, in which case special care is taken to safeguard your rights and to ensure any such use is proportionate.
Does the Company share personal information with third parties?
Your personal information will be made available for the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time), on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and only to responsible management, human resources, accounting, legal, logistics, audit, compliance, information technology and other corporate staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within the Group. Please note that certain individuals who will see your personal information may not be based at the Company or in your country.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to the Company,, such as external contractors to complete work, product or a service which you have purchased, employment recruiters, human resources support services, marketing agencies, credit card processors, auditors and compliance managers, providers or call centres and IT hosting and IT maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf. The Company has put in place various security and data privacy measures, including with such third parties, in order to protect personal information and shall seek to comply with applicable legal requirements.
Some of your personal information may be used by marketing agencies, acting on our behalf, to carry out a data matching exercise. This is carried out on behalf if the Company to ensure that we provide you with relevant marketing information (where you have opted in to receiving such marketing). This is sometimes referred to as “profiling”.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or Group or sale of a relevant Group business.
What choices does the Company offer you with regard to direct marketing?
The Company may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services and the Group’s products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS. We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law.
What safeguards are in place to protect your personal information?
The Company takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of the Company, the Group or their agents.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then securely delete your details in accordance with the Act.
We will keep information about you for no longer than 60 days of receiving it.
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Policy will be updated accordingly.
We encourage you to check the date of this Policy when you visit the Site for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.